Saturday, October 6, 2012

Economics Luncheon

Hey y'all, Caraline here! I just wanted to tell you a little about the Economics Luncheon that my class and I attended last Thursday.

Okay, so Economics is one of the six subjects that our class is taking this year. Our amazing teacher, Mrs. Jarvis, found out about an economics luncheon here in Houston that was being held at the Omni Hotel, and bought us some tickets for it. Now I don't know if you've ever been to an Omni Hotel, but they are super duper fancy. I had been once before with my friend Caroline J, and so when I walked in I had to bite my cheek to stop from laughing at the memories of all the stupid things we had done there together. (Don't ask.) Anyway, it was really fancy and Bailey and I started feeling underdressed when we saw that everyone else seemed to be wearing suits and dresses. We then entered the conference and luncheon room where we were greeted by the sight of bright lights, chandeliers, fancy tables, and fancy people.



Some waiters seated us, pushed our chairs in, put our napkins in our laps, and brought us some salad and tea.


That's me, Kaela, Mrs. Jarvis, and Kennedy. Haha, Mrs. Jarvis was in the middle of saying, "We can move, you know, and go take pictures somewhere else if you want!" Bailey was taking the picture, so here is a picture of her to make up for that:


Anyway, it was really fun. I haven't been to very many fancy things, so I had to watch what everyone else was doing. For example, when a waitress came around and offered me some salad dressing, I said "I'm actually am not a big fan of salad-" and Bailey cut me off and whispered "just say NO THANK YOU!" I don't like being formal like that! I want to hold a conversation with the person, not just say "No thanks"! It was fun nevertheless.

What did we eat, you ask? Steak, stuffed chicken, mashed potatoes, asparagus, carrots, salad, bread, cheesecake, coffee, and tea. Here is a picture of the cheesecake before I ate it all:


Here is a picture of us with the Speaker:



Oh, and the businessman/builder/millionaire David Weekly sat at our table! We got to tell him about our school and why we were there, and he let us ask him some questions about Economics! It was an awesome once in a lifetime opportunity! He was really nice!

So yes, we had lots of fun! Thank you again, Mrs. Jarvis!

Y'all have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment